Living Out God’s Word
Making Disciples Who Go
A gathering of imperfect people committed to relationship with Jesus and taking His life-changing truth to the world.
We’re here to help people know and love Jesus.
Whether you’re new to church, or new to Living Hope, we are so glad you’re here! We are a diverse group of individuals who come together each week in our mission to know and be more like Jesus. While we’re all on different paths and we don’t all look, act, or think alike, we share the following beliefs.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s written Word. Living Hope is committed to God’s Word as the standard and final authority in all that we say and do as a body of believers.
- To learn more about our foundation for this belief, refer to 1 CORINTHIANS 2:13, 2 TIMOTHY 3:16-17, 2 PETER 1:20-21
Man’s Creation and Fall
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God. After the fall of Adam and Eve, all human beings are consequently born with a sinful nature that leads them to sin in thought, word, and deed.
The Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit enables disciples of Jesus to understand the Scriptures, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and to be witnesses for Him.
- Our foundation for this belief can be found in ROMANS 8:9, 1 CORINTHIANS 12:12-14, EPHESIANS 1:13-14, 5:18-20
- We believe that one, holy universal Church is the body of Christ.
- You can learn more about these beliefs here: MATTHEW 16:18-19; ACTS 1:8; EPHESIANS 1:22-23, 5:25-27; 1 CORINTHIANS 12:12-14
- We believe God exists eternally in three persons: Everlasting Father, His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, the giver of all life. All three are eternal in being, equal in power, and perfect.
- Find out more for the foundation of these beliefs here: DEUTERONOMY 6:4; 2 CORINTHIANS 13:14
The Person and Work of Jesus Christ
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful mankind. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that our redemption is made sure to us by His resurrection from the dead.
- Learn more about these beliefs here: JOHN 1:1-2; LUKE 1:35; ROMANS 3:24-25; 1 PETER 1:3-5
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is now in heaven exalted at the right hand of “God where, as High Priest of His people, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate.”
- Learn more here: HEBREWS 9:24, 7:25; ROMANS 8:34; JOHN 2:1-2
- We believe that Jesus Christ will soon return to this earth, personally, visibly, and unexpectedly, to gather His elect, to raise the dead, to judge the nations, and to bring His Kingdom to fulfillment.
- You can more about these beliefs here: JOHN 14:2-3; 1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-18; REVELATION 20:6
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God offered to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Learn more about this belief here: EPHESIANS 2:8-10; TITUS 2:11-14
The Great Commission
- We believe we are called to fulfill the Great Commission, which is found in Matthew 28:19: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Greatest Commandment
- We also strongly believe in Mark 12:30-1, we are to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength’, and ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
2711 NE Andresen Rd
Vancouver, WA 98661
Youth 6th-12th grade